

So Las Vegas is one of those places that everybody knows about even if they have never been there. I am definitely included in this 'everybody' because what I know about Vegas is what I have heard from my parents, my cousins, and the media. I haven't actually had any interest to go until now partly because of design (the entire experience is designed) and mainly I can now go there and party and gamble with my cousins. To get more information I went on the official Las Vegas website and found out that on the Strip alone there are 43 hotels/casinos and 22 wedding chapels. I also found out that in 1855, Mormons arrived in Las Vegas and established a fort and that the abandoned the fort in 1857. Who would have thought that Mormons once lived in Sin City? The best thing I found on the official website was a link entitled Be Anybody. When you click on this link you are on a site that allows you to create a new identity including name, residence, and personality. This site will also give you a brief history, business card, website, and a 1-800 number to help you back up your story. This exemplifies what I love most about Las Vegas. It is a place for fantasy and bad behavior and it doesn't try to make people believe otherwise. It celebrates it's tawdriness and encourages people to do the same. 

All pictures and facts from: http://www.visitlasvegas.com/vegas/index.jsp
No comments:
Post a Comment