
A trip that I regret not taking while I was living in Arizona was to Antelope Canyon. Divided into two sections, Upper and Lower, Antelope Canyon is a majestic labyrinth of narrow passages cut into the sandstone by wind and water over millions of years. A dangerous location for flash floods, touring through Antelope Canyon is only allowed with a guide. Located near the Arizona, Utah border the canyon spans for miles. A natural cathedral, a walk of enlightenment, the canyon is called Tse’bighanilini by the Navajo Native Americas, which translates to “the place where water runs through rocks.” It got the English name Antelope Canyon from the presence of pronghorn antelope that used to live within and around its walls.
As an interior design student I always wonder what its like inside old ruins or natural spaces that I see when I travel, so to have the opportunity to wander through those cavernous passages and witness the rays of light somehow filtering through the cracks would be a dream. To see and get to experience that natural space is an exhilarating thought.


Photo Sources:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b5/USA_Antelope-Canyon.jpg/300px-USA_Antelope-Canyon.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7c/USA_10096-7-8_HDR_Antelope_Canyon_Luca_Galuzzi_2007.jpg
http://galerainwater.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/landscape-antelope-canyon-1.jpg
No comments:
Post a Comment